Is there a time when you just are not sure how to pray, when and for what to pray. Not knowing how to word your prayers or how to make your prayers be effective?
Jesus, taught the disciples how to pray, but there really isn’t a right way to pray, but Jesus gave His disciples a good model to go by. They wanted to learn to pray.
I’m listing the important elements of prayer and we all really need to know these elements. I will also, list their meaning to help you understand and what they do!
1. Worship ——– reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred
2. Intercession ——–an act or instance of interceding, an interposing or pleading on behalf of another person, a prayer to God on behalf of another
3. Repentance —–deep sorrow, compunction, or contrition for a past sin, wrongdoing, or the like, regret for any past action
4. Surrender —– to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; deliver up possession of on demand or under duress: to surrender the fort to the enemy, to give (oneself) up, to give (oneself) up to some influence, course, emotion, etc., He surrendered himself to a life of hardship. to give up, abandon, or relinquish (comfort, hope, etc.) to yield or resign (an office, privilege, etc.) in favor of another
5. Praise ——- the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation, the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an act of worship: a hymn of praise to God, the state of being approved or admired: The king lived in praise for many years, Archaic. a ground for praise, or a merit
6. Repetitive —–pertaining to or characterized by repetition
Those are the important elements to prayer. Ask God to help you pray with the important elements to pray.
Make sure you always spend time with Him, by praying, reading the Bible, studying the Bible, listen to Gospel Music, DVD’S, CD’S, something to help you keep your mind on Him!
Luke 11:2-4 : Our father who are in Heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins for we ourselves also forgive those who is indebted to us. And bring us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever Amen